About The Work Room

The Work Room is the Creative Journal of Wendy Sue where she shares her creative journey in all things handmade. The Work Room also offers an alternative to your typical jewelry making workshops. Scroll down to the end of the page to see how you can learn to make your unique piece of artisan jewelry online.

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Remember this?

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................,.........

Work Room chat:
I'm thinking of getting some dichroic glass to try out actually because Uncle Ghee's available pool of fusing glass is boring me already. Ahaks! :P But then and again.... there's the cost issue to consider. Bummer! :/

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................,.........





The unfired piece of glass during my second attempt at glass fusion?

Well, as I have thought it, Uncle Ghee fired it during the weekday. So when I was over at the studio last Sunday, I picked up the fired piece.


Tadah!

Also, because I wasn't too careful about the gap, there's these visible lines you see at the edges. Hhhhmmmmppphhhh.......


See the two layers of glass fused together?



Well, it didn't quite turn out very rectangularish since the edges all are kinda rounded in some ways but I think it still turn out alright. Much better than the red one! Hahah! XD

The colour also turn out a bit dark, doesn't it? Oh, well.... but at least I think I'm getting a hang of it already although there's still some tricks around it that I would need to learn. Hopefully a bit better next time, ya! ;)






post signature

0 hollers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...