About The Work Room

The Work Room is the Creative Journal of Wendy Sue where she shares her creative journey in all things handmade. The Work Room also offers an alternative to your typical jewelry making workshops. Scroll down to the end of the page to see how you can learn to make your unique piece of artisan jewelry online.

Sunday 9 August 2009

TWR006 Bridal Hair Vine Tutorial

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................





Work Room chat:
Tsk....tsk....tsk..been toying with the idea to get meself a kiln. I waaaaant a kiln for Christmas!

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

When Nick got married last year, my initial plan was to make a tiara for my sis-in-law for her daytime outfit and a hair vine to go with her night outfit. Well, the tiara was a pain enough to make cuz to start off, I couldn't find an Alice band and ended up hammering one myself out of o.8mm wire. It turned out great but would have saved some work there since it was a very last minute thing. Well, it wasn't a last minute wedding! Neither did I decided at the eleventh hour to make her one. Just put it as 'procrastination is the root of all evil'! :P I think I almost had an anxiety attack back then. Like seriously, dateline was so close already and it was something I've never done before AND it was supposed to be THE most important day of a person's lifetime! Can you just imagine that? I cringe even at the thought I might remotely screw it up!




Sis-in-law was on the phone when this pic was taken. Ahaks! XP



Well, anyway, the tiara turned and the rest of the jewelleries turn out fine. The spoiler? The hair vines. I got it wrong!! And it was too late to redo already. So, my sis-in-law ended up using the ones from the make up artist. Although she was nice enough to still use it but it was so 'wrong' that it got covered up by the makeup artist's. Bleh!

But I knew where I went wrong. With hair vines, I think you have the tendency to be carried away twisting the wires ESPECIALLY when all guidance I could find was only in words and boy, have I got to use my imagination!

I dun think hair vines are very popular bridal hair piece in Malaysia. I think I see more of tiara than anything else. Even the tiaras look kinda barbie-ish...with all the silver and rhinestones. So...... blah! Where's the crystal and pearls? But then I guess it's not a trend in M'sia to use hair vines.







But they are just so easy to make! Well, the basic principle is the same in which you can build up on for more glamourous pieces.






Hair vines are easy and inexpensive to make and so easy and versatile to wear! Wear a short one on top of chignon or braid a long one with the hait. Shape and wear them however you want!






In this tutorial, I will show you step by step on how to create a basic hair vine, simple enough for anyone to follow. After learning the principle of construction, you will be able to vary the designs to create hair vines which are distivtively yours and like no other.






This tutorial makes an approximately 6 ½ " hair vine from 1 m long of 26 ga wire.





Tools & materials used:


  • 26 ga wire
  • (27) Swarovski 4mm crystal pearl
  • (39) Swarovski 4mm crystal bicone


IMPORTANT NOTICE:


  1. This tutorial is in PDF format and you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open them.
  2. File size: 465 KB
  3. The PDF file will be sent to your email address registered with PayPal within 24 hours or less.



PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE, LEND OR COPY. DO NOT MASS PRODUCE. PLEASE ALWAYS GIVE CREDIT TO THE DESIGNER. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING DESIGNERS' COPYRIGHT.







nb: Prices may be subjected to change without prior notice.
Malaysian buyers, please contact me by email (atelierworkroom@gmail.com) for quotation in RM and payment by local bank transfer.

This tutorial is also available for purchase for instant download @ de-cors.com



post signature

0 hollers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...