About The Work Room

The Work Room is the Creative Journal of Wendy Sue where she shares her creative journey in all things handmade. The Work Room also offers an alternative to your typical jewelry making workshops. Scroll down to the end of the page to see how you can learn to make your unique piece of artisan jewelry online.

Tuesday 21 April 2009

Hobbycraft





This is like the hypermarket craft store here. A pretty neat place. You can find materials for almost all of the craft here. Papercraft, jewellery making, knitting.... and lots more. You name it, and they've pretty much got it all.

I wanted to take some pictures of the interior but there were cctv everywhere. I would have risk doing it anyway but since Sa Kor's reputation is also at stake, I thought I had better not. English people tend to follow the book closely when it comes to the law and rules and regulations.

Anyway, it was a really cool place. Their jewellery making section, although not very big but has a surprisingly good variety of stuffs. However, because of the exchange rate, it was all rather expensive to me.

Didn't got myself any beads or findings. Sa Kor did however got a book on craft wire by Beadalon from there.







I think it costs something like £7.99, if I'm not mistaken. Yet to have the oportunity go through the book though......


post signature

2 hollers:

Frances said...

Wow, this would be like heaven to any craftster. :) Books can be pretty cheap there. I wouldn't mind buying some from you when you get some home next time. :)

Wendy Sue said...

Indeed they are, Frances. :)

I'm not sure if the books are cheap though cuz even the one my Sa Kor got I consider them to be expensive. It was quite thin only but I guess people here would most probably not think so because if you compare it dollar to dollar it's relatively reasonable to them.

Darn those exchange rate! LOL....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...