About The Work Room

The Work Room is the Creative Journal of Wendy Sue where she shares her creative journey in all things handmade. The Work Room also offers an alternative to your typical jewelry making workshops. Scroll down to the end of the page to see how you can learn to make your unique piece of artisan jewelry online.

Saturday 25 April 2009

One month

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................,.........

Work Room chat:
I'm thinking of signing up for some workshop or something to fill up the time. Was thinking of doing some part time course initially but there's apparently the visa issue. The English are quite strict with what you are allowed and not allowed to do with the visa granted to you..... oh, well.... o_O

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................,.........

The tulips are just gorgeous, aren't they? ;)



Yea, it has been one month already since I'm in England. Time sure flies, doesn't it? Weather has been great for the past week. We're getting a bit of sun almost everyday for the past week, which has been great!

You don't get a lot of sun here, in England. That is why winter over here can be just awfully dreadfull. In the words of my relatives here, people here literally go 'crazy' on a sunny day. LOL!! XD

The sun here is great too. It's not like the sun back home where it is scorching hot and burning the skin. The sun here is just warm and nice which I think is probably why people here enjoy sunbathing so much. The warmth of the sun ray on your skin against the chilly atmosphere feels really nice.



See, there's shadow behind the pots! XD



Alright, enough of the weather already. It's about time I got settle down and so has Funky Pots at West Bridgford. School here has resume classes after the Easter break and Finky Pots also has calm down a little.

Stayed in most of the time for the past week and it's about time I get back to making jewellery too. Haven't been making much jewellery for the past couple of months and I'm about to get rusty already too if I don't get me hands on the pliers and beads soon. :P LOL.......



See that Hitz.fm website on my laptop's screen? I listen to Hitz online on my laptop everyday. Just you know, so that I feel like home is still close to me..... :)


This is Sa Kor's dining area and also dining table but it does somehow feels like a mini studio in itself actually. I don't know if it's due to the small enclosed area, the lighting or the window looking out the streets but it feels great working from there.







Or maybe, it's just the big dining table as my workbench! Heheh......







I think most artist work space would also be as messy as this when they work, huh? (or maybe it's just me who is the messy one.... LOL..)

Alright, anyone who would like to beg to differ, please feel free to do so. :P Seriously, I think I need to learn how to work in a neater manner too. So, do share some tips with me, ya. ;)

I normally store my beads in plastic container boxes but I didn't bring them over with me due to space and weight constraints, of course. Those plastic storage boxes while keep the beads organized and all, was just not feasible for me to bring them over with me. So, I transfered all the beads into varrying zip lock bags and sort of vacumn packed them over.

Just imagine the chaos in searching what I want in where I thought I placed them. It's insane, really! @_@

Even Sa Kor herself hoard a good collection of beads herself and I was also allowed to use them since she herself hardly got much time to utilise them. Her work would be enough to keep her occupied the whole week already!



Beads are kept in boxes here and there and all over the place!



Basically, the entire home studio is a bit chaotic. Okay, maybe chaotic is even an understatement. I just told Sa Kor if I were to just sit down here and make jewellery from morning to night for the 6 months (....no, make it 5 now) that I'll be here, I don't I'll finish using up the beads either and she couldn't agree more!

I think we beaders have a bad habit. We tend to hoard more than we were able to use or the rate we go about buying beads is faster than we go about using them, don't we? LOL....

Also, I'm not sure if any of you have experienced this before. I sometimes feel heavy hearted to use some of the beads because they are so pretty even by themselves that I feel so reluctant to use them because I won't be able to see them anymore if I finish using them up. Ermm....something like a break up?

And sometimes, there are some beads that I couldn't wait to use them up and I just couldn't because no matter how many projects I've been using them with, they are still left hanging around. Errmm.... something like being stalked by people you don't want to see?

LOL.... alright, so maybe this is a bit silly, both the analogy I'm making and the experience itself but.....just wondering if any of you have felt the same way before.

I've made a few pieces already. Will photographed them soon.

Alright, time to clear up the table for bedtime now.


post signature

0 hollers:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...